2006 Ford Escape consumer reviews

$19,380–$21,820 MSRP range

side view of 2006 Escape Ford

85% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Comfort 4.1
  • Interior design 4.0
  • Performance 3.9
  • Value for the money 4.1
  • Exterior styling 4.3
  • Reliability 4.2

Great small SUV for the snowy east

I was hesitant at first about the automatic 4wd but after 2 winters with it I am sold it kicks in when needed and doesn't kick out like a lot of other horror stories people post say they do. I've been beaching in it and also in snow deep enough to cover my wheels and it never got stuck.

Show full review

GREAT CAR!!!

April 4, 2018

By anrpops from Pine Grove, CA

Used to own this car

We loved our 2001 Escape and it lasted over 200,000 miles! Loved driving it in the snow! I am currently looking for another one. (not after the 2012 model) I'm sure that any 2001-2012 will be great.

Show full review

Cute and reliable little SUV

January 19, 2018

By Rsimpshr from La Mesa, CA

Owns this car

I bought it new and I really like this little SUV. Great gas mileage and lots of space. Cute SUV. I never had any problems with this car and it runs great.

Show full review

excellent value, good running car

January 17, 2018

By happycamper from LEAVENWORTH, ks

Owns this car

only complaint is the road noise. very happy overall with the performance, fuel mileage, comfort and cargo room. would recommend this as a second car or as a recreational vehicle

Show full review

No Spare Tire

December 18, 2017

By coopny from tampa, fl

Owns this car

I made a terrible mistake when buying this used vehicle. I falsely assumed the vehicle has a spare tire and did not check. My 2006 ford Escape Limited does not have a spare tire. Why is this. It doesn't make sense that a modern car doesn't come equipped with a spare tire.

Show full review

Nice car

December 9, 2017

By bhayes420 from Benton, KY

Owns this car

2013 Ford Escape Limited AWD. Bought for my wife?s daily driver. We love it. 72,000 miles and no problems. It looks great. Interior is comfortable and very functional for our needs. Will look at another one in a year or so to replace this one.

Show full review

271000 miles and still running good

October 8, 2017

By J252 from Florida

Owns this car

We bought this car in 2005, when I went to the dealers Web site and picked this exact vehicle. It has been a very dependable car and has never given us any problems aside from the a flat tire or dead battery . With the exception of hitting a deer, we didn't need to replace any hard parts until we reached about 250000 miles.

Show full review

Good small sized SUV.

September 19, 2017

By Kate

Owns this car

This car has great features like heated seats, keyless entry, and a moon roof. It?s readonably reliable and has good cargo space. The shape is attractive and it?s overall safe.

Show full review

Going on 200,000 miles and still going strong!

September 12, 2017

By cocob9513

Owns this car

I love this car outside of normal repairs (brakes, tires, ect.) I have not had to fix anything I love it!

Show full review

my first car and had a month/transmission gone

August 5, 2017

By disappointed teen from st. cloud, FL

Owns this car

Ford knows transmissions are a problem now I owe for car I cannot drive, I am 16 no more fords for me!!!

Show full review